The government has introduced a new system to allow taxpayers to update email and mobile number in the GST System. This was introduced as many have complained that “the intermediaries who were authorized by them to apply for registration on their behalf had used their own email and mobile number during the process”, the Finance Ministry said in a press release.
* <Jurisdiction can be checked through Search Taxpayer option available on https://www.gst.gov.in,>. Allotted jurisdiction is displayed in red text>
* Taxpayer would be required to provide valid documents to the tax officer as proof of his/her identity and to validate the business details related to his GSTIN.
* Tax officer will check if the said person is added as a Stakeholder or Authorized Signatory for that GSTIN in the system.
* Tax officer will enter the new email address and mobile phone number provided by the Taxpayer.
* After upload of document, Tax officer will reset the password for the GSTIN in the system.
* Taxpayer need to login on GST Portal https://www.gst.gov.in/ using the First time login link.