(A) YOUR TIME STARTS NOW
At beginning, devote your 10- 15 minutes on reading and planning for your next 2.45 hours. During that period read the questions thoroughly, do planning, analyzing and make the hierarchy of questions which u are going to attempt.
While there is need to make hierarchy of questions to be attempted?
It is human nature when there is shortage of time person do work in hurry without thinking anything. Generally Professional exams are lengthy and technical in nature. And to tackle that kind of exams there is a strong requirement of planning, analyzing and organizing. Here we have to make hierarchy of questions which we are going to attempt.
For making hierarchy of questions you have to think over that
a) Time to be devoted on each question.
b) Theory V/S Practical
c) Questions having subparts
d) Attempt of compulsory question
e) Case study questions
Let us consider other aspects
While reading question paper, two situations can arise
SITUATION 1:- You find the question paper difficult and don’t know many of the questions or have only idea about how to attempt them but not have enough confidence in that.
SITUATION 2:- You find the whole question paper easy & can attempt whole paper.
Now how to tackle with these kinds of situations
SITUATION 1 For that kind of situation I want to say one thing in a war both sides lost their soldiers but ultimately winner is that side which remains standing with confidence & believe in them.
This type of situation is not less than a war. You have not to think that you lost. You have to give your best and have to maintain patience. How…………….?.
Take three long breathes and do a mind makeup to attempt paper confidently. Make selection of questions which you know well. Plan for hierarchy of questions to be attempted along with time taken on each question.
REMEMBER:-FIRST IMPRESSION IS THE LAST IMPRESSION
Friends let me share a most important tip. If out of 6 questions you attempt 3 questions well & 2 about average & 1 question below average. You have a more chances to pass.
Friends take care that you have to attempt that questions first which you know well and consume less time.
In that type of situation, students get overexcited & start paper in hurry. Even they don’t read question paper carefully.
FRIENDS READING AND ANALYZING QUESTION PAPER CAREFULLY IS ONE OF THE IMPORTANT PART OF PLANNING.
Tips for that kind of situations:-
1. Don’t get overexcited & use your mind.
2. It doesn’t mean that u know whole paper you will able to attempt it wholly (100 marks). Your timing is more important. Generally students devote more time on questions they know well, they write more and useless. Always write in limit and point to point. Don’t show off.
Always try to attempt 100 marks paper. And this can be done with time management.
3. Friends make your mind to fetch more marks. Your mind make up is necessary without it you cannot grasp more marks. Attempt paper in that way which makes a good impression on examiner.
Now Let Us Come Out Of That Situations
Friends let me guarantee you those 10-15 minutes which you are devoting for reading, analyzing and planning for attempt the exam save your 30 minutes. In business there is a net gain of 15 minutes. In costing we can say it Always Better Control (ABC analysis).
(B) OTHER TIPS
1. It has been observed that students lose confidence in the middle of the exams if they attempted a question badly. Resultantly their performance in remaining questions degrades.
For that I want to refer my earlier statement that exam is a war and in a war solider of both sides lost their life. But ultimate winner is that side which confidently and bravely standing in the field.
Decide your side – Are you winner or loser?
2. PERSONAL TIP(BASED ON EXPERIENCE)
NEVER ATTEMPT COMPULSORY QUESTION AT FIRST TIME.
Attempt Compulsory question at middle or last of the exam.
Qualities of Compulsory question: – Look easy, Highest scoring, Motivate you to attempt at first time.
Facts: – Time Consuming, Bulky & Technical in nature.
3. Always read examiner tips comments about students’ performance in CA newsletter it helps you to improve your performance in exams. Some common examiner comments:-
a) Students usually not tick index about attempt of questions. Friends take care of that.
b) Fresh question to be started from fresh page. Even I advised to attempt fresh part from fresh page.
c) Students usually not make working notes or lack of suitable assumptions. Friends explore yourself and always think that you are writing answers for layman. You automatically make working notes and take assumptions.
4. At examination hall, usually different types of rumors prevail. Honest advice never believes in these rumors only believe in yourself. Rumors only disturb you and never help you to gain.
IF YOU NOT BELIEVE IN YOURSELF NOBODY BELIEVE IN YOU.
5. Friends BE PRACTICAL in nature. Follow Aamir khan “ Kabil bano kamyabi jakh maar kar piche aayegi”
For become KABIL you have to be practical in nature. Use your articleship experience in exams. Definitely you will gain.
Before saying good bye “Best of luck to would be__________” (Fill it yourself).